Here's an old (2001) NBC report that details exactly what the Clinton Administration did with Osama Bin Laden in the Fall of 2000. It had actual video from an armed Predator Drone which had Bin Laden in the gun sights. (Hat Tip to Hotair on finding this)
Here's the link the NBC Video.
This video was fed live to CIA headquarters in Langley, and the Clinton Administration said to not kill him. This apparently happened in September of 2000. Now there are two things interesting about when this apparently happened:
- The bombing of the USS Cole happened on October 12th, 2000
- Vice President AlGore was running a campaign to be promoted to President
This report all on its own show what the priority of the Clinton Administration was in regards to national security and in regards to international terrorism.
- Keeping the focus of the nation on Clinton's political strong point, "the economy stupid", was important.
- Getting AlGore elected to the Presidency to continue Democratic control of the White House was important.
- Eliminating a direct threat to the United States which 1) had a history of attacking US Interests both inside and outside of our borders, and 2) had publicly declared war on the US was not important.
Tags: Afgahnistan, Al Qaeda, AlGore, Bill Clinton, DailyKos, Democrat, Democratic Underground, Iraq, Islam, Middle East, Moonbats, MSM, Osama Bin Laden, path to 9/11, Politics, Republican, September 11, Terrorism, United States, War