Saturday, January 06, 2007

No Will Left to Fight?

A while back I asked readers to opine about the state of Western Civilization. I said I would post my thoughts, and promptly forgot to do so. Well, I was checking things out yesterday, and I saw a new comment. Kathy from Hang Right Politics commented, reminding me that I hadn't posted my thoughts. So here it goes:

Speaking for myself, I have not lost the will to fight. I will be attempting to join the Army starting the 25th of this month. We will see if they let me in. I have not lost the will to fight for what I believe, nor have many others.

That being said, I am not so sure about most of the country. After 9/11 I had hopes for this nation. I had hoped we would put the petty arguing aside and focus on defeating the Islamofacists who threaten everything we hold dear. I was wrong. The Democratic Party and the far left have gone back to their old ways. They cannot be relied upon to save us, or even to help out. They use the WOT to further their own agendas, not caring about anyone else as long as they get what they want.

We will just have to see if the West has the will and the strength to resist the tide. I pledge to do all I can to defend this nation and my people. How many will join me in this pledge?