Monday, November 06, 2006

My Final Thoughts on Election 2006

I want to offer my thoughts on election 2006, you decide 2006, MSM decides 2006, or whatever you want to call it. I've been watching elections very closely since 1992 when Bill Clinton was elected into office, and I've studied elections from before then as well. And no matter what the results of this election, the coverage and the tension associated with it is absolutely unprecidented for a midterm election. I would even dare to say that this election matches the 2004 election in absolute political stupidity.

Every breath of every candidate is covered. District level elections are being treated as Senatorial or even Presidential elections. Every other day Tim Russert comes on with his scowl to read the latest set of polls and give his opinion on how this affects things.

So no matter what happens with this election it will be historic. The Democrats have such high hopes that they will win a majority in both houses. But what will happen if they don't get either house? Will our country be tied up in law suits from now to the next election? Will the Democracts have a moment absent of political ambition and say "for the good of the country, we conceed"? Or will they sue for recounts until they get a number they're happy with?

I would agree with one thing that my friends on the otherside of the blogosphere have said. And that is that this is among the most important elections in our nation's history. And because that is the case everyone that can vote needs to get out there and vote. If you want your ideas to win the day, or don't want other people's ideas to win the day get to the polls and vote! I am a Conservative, but when it gets right down to it I want everyone to vote (within the bounds of the law of course). So I don't care if you're a Republican, a Democrat, Green Party, Independant, or non-denominational. Get out and vote!!!