Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election 2006: 4:30 PM CST Update

Nothing really new to report yet, other than I just cast my ballot. And I decided to take a risk and vote on an electronic machine. Everything seemed to go ok. The touchscreen took alot pressure to get it to check my selections. But I got everything I wanted on the ballot, so we'll see what happens.

The polls on the East coast should start closing within the next couple of hours as I understand it. From there we will start seeing the early indicators of how this election will go. Keep an eye on the Virginia and Rhode Island senate races. If there is a Republican victory in both of those then the Republicans keep the majority. If the GOP looses one of those then watch for the Tennessee Senate race which is close but leaning towards the Republican candidate in the most recent polls.